Precare, Aftercare & Healing
*Not Midwest Microblading's Work
It is a team effort to obtain the best results. When you leave our studio after a service the work is only half done! Your actions after we dismiss you are so important. Please follow our aftercare instructions as advised & take good care of the area!
1. No caffeine, alcohol, working out the day of
2. Avoid blood thinning medications, vitamins, supplements (with consent from your physician) vitamin E, aspirin, niacin, fish oil, ibuprofen etc. 48 hours prior
3. Avoid high vitamin supplements & food like green smoothies, protein shakes, etc.
4. If you have diabetes, anemia, blood disorders, compromised immune system (for example undergoing chemo, high blood pressure) history of stroke/heart attack or other medical conditions that could results in poor healing consult with your physician for written clearance prior to your appointment & bring a copy of doctors clearance
5. You must bring a state issued photo ID required by the health department or we cannot work
MICROBLADING AFTERCARE: Microblading healing is a process that requires patience. We will cover this is detail at your appointment, you will be given a copy of the healing chart and after care instructions. Every person is different and this is a general estimate of how your body will heal. You will be advised on how to wash your eyebrows at your appointment.
1. Do not touch your brows to prevent transmitting bacteria/risking infection
2. Do not swim/submerge brows & avoid steam/sauna
3. Do not work out for at 7-10 days. Increased circulation will blur the color!
4. Do no pick, scratch, or exfoliate the brows for 10 days
5. Do not sunbathe/tan for 10 days - once healed use sunscreen on area
6. Let any flakes or scabs fall off naturally, no pulling, however tempting
7. No makeup/products can be applied to the brows for 10 days besides what we provide you
8. Avoid the forehead entirely with harsher products like retinol, acids, and glycolic for 2 weeks days - avoid forehead indefinitely if possible to prevent rapid fading
Some clients prefer to schedule microblading around work hours or events because they may be dark or flakey. The first 7 days they will go thru the most obvious changes.
1. Immediately after your brows look darker & thicker than the healed result
2. Between day 1 to 5 the brows darken. This is temporary, it is not the final color. It is simply a scab-like protective layer that has formed
3. Day 7 to 10 the scab like layer can begin to peel/flake
4. After day 10 to 2 weeks the brows look very light & you may think "Where is the color...it is gone!" This is normal, new skin is cloudy & healed over the pigment masking it
5. Lastly, around week 3, the new healed skin becomes clear & the pigment is visible again